Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Band camp

This week there are two band camps at Saint Joes, and I think they are the first band camps of the summer. One is from Thornwood High School and the other from Richmond High School. So if you hear band music coming from south of Rensselaer, you know what it is.

The band below, which was divided into groups, is the larger of the two. My guess is that it is Richmond.
The other band was practicing marching when I saw them. My guess is that this was Thornwood, and Illinois school.
Rensselaer Central may be having a band camp this week as well. At 6:30 on Friday they will hold their end-of-camp show at RCHS for parents, friends, and anyone else interested. (I have been to a few of those. My kids were all in band--two trumpets and three trombones.)

No comments: