Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Music Man and the band

The audience enjoyed the Carnegie Players production of Music Man on Thursday night--so much so that they gave the cast a standing ovation. The play has a huge cast, as the picture below shows.
I cannot think of any musical that I enjoy as much as Music Man. It has interesting characters, the story line is not awful as in many of musicals, the songs are memorable, and it is funny. What is your favorite musical?

Another band was practicing on Thursday--the Rensselaer Central High School marching band. I hope it has some quality because it seems to be missing quantity.

2 comments:

flatbow said...

I think I know my wife's favorite musical, "The Sound of Music." I don't know, it's a little cuckoo. (If you know the songs in that musical you'll get the joke).

Re: the marching band. Is that the entire band or only one section? I hope it's just a section of the band and the rest are inside learning their music. If that's the whole band then it is sad to see so few students.

Lilymatilda said...

The Music Man was most enjoyable. You are correct in that. I do love the Sound of Music and My Fair Lady.
Lilymatilda