Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Library Fence

Last week workers tore out the line of shrubs that separated the Jasper County Public Library parking lot from the Steinke Funeral Home parking lot and replaced it with a new concrete curb and an iron fence. I asked a couple of the people at the library desk why the fence had been constructed and they did not know, but they said that they liked the new look.
I do not like the new fence because I eliminates a shortcut. I was one of those who cut through the old line of shrubs when I walked to the library. Now I will have to walk a bit further.
The design of the fence is interesting. It has the pointed rails for a traditional look, but it makes sure they will not do what the old spikes were intended to do by capping them. It is a fence designed with lawyers and lawsuits in mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I do not like the new fence because I eliminates a shortcut. I was one of those who cut through the old line of shrubs when I walked to the library. Now I will have to walk a bit further."

Nah, you just have to jump the fence now.

Desert Survivor said...

I thought the shrubs were a lot classier.

It's interesting how often new developments tear out vegetation!