Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

New store

On Wednesday morning I noticed a new store downtown in a spot that has been vacant for a long time, between the building featured in this week's Republican mystery photo and the dog grooming place.
It was open, so of course I stopped in to see what was there. A very nice gentleman was quite happy to show me around. The space is quite tiny, and I think he said the name of the store was T-Debs Mercantile. I am not quite sure how to describe it. It offers some things that are antiques or collectibles, but is not limited to that. For example, he had a new generator for sale (not shown)
The store is definitely is not cluttered. I was in a hurry so did not examine it as closely as I should have.
When you are in the area, check it out and tell us what you think.

No comments: