Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Around town-updated

After working at the computer most of the morning, I finally got out yesterday afternoon and looked around town. I was surprised to see that Irene's Consignment shop now is Amy's Attic. I thought the switch was supposed to be at the end of the month.
I forgot to congratulate the football team on their regional championship, won at Bremen in overtime. This Friday they will be in Fort Wayne facing Bishop Luers High School, the team that beat them last year at semi-state and the defending 2A champions.

I mentioned a week or so ago that the Ritz Theater was for sale. (Update: According to the Ritz Theater Facebook page, the theater has been sold.)
There was some activity in Weston Cemetery and Bicentennial Park this morning--some more foundations for the bridge that I thought would be built two years ago. The activity may not tell us that a bridge is imminent, but it does say that the project has not been abandoned. (I titled that old post "Part 1" because I expect a Part 2 would follow. It has not yet.)
Finally, there was a serious fire last night in a house on Susan Street. It was causing some traffic back up as the parents picking up their children at St. Augustine's School had to stop and take a look.
It is a reminder of how vulnerable we are to the unexpected.

No comments: