Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Friday, December 31, 2010

December thaw

Isn't it wonderful that our 50+ degrees today is melting the snow? There is a line of rain approaching from the west as I write this, and probably colder air behind it. It was so spring-like today that some of the animals got confused. I saw this salamander in my garage this morning. I do not know where it came from or where it was going. I hope it finds shelter before the cold returns.
I hope you have a safe and happy new year.

4 comments:

rachel pulver said...

Hope you and your family have a healthy and prosperous new year!!!

g said...

You too Rachel.
Germaine

Anonymous said...

Wow! Have you found salamanders in the past? What a great way to start off the year.

Anonymous said...

It rained in MN on Dec. 30, but the snow pack was already feet deep, so there was no chance the wildlife was confused.