Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Something old, something new

Lent is on the way, and there are Pączki for sale at the Clauss Bakery & Cafe and at Strack and van Til. When I wrote about them last year I mentioned a new blog that Fair Oaks farms had. That seems to have disappeared with their new website. And last year I had not had much experience with a-ogonek. Now I have.
Polish also uses E-ogonek, and seven more accented letters:
It does not use letters Q, V, or X except in foreign words.

While passing by the Clauss Bakery and Cafe, I noticed that next to it a new business is coming, an investment office, probably in the space formerly occupied by the Executor.
 It looks like a branch of a company that is until now has not had an office very far from South Bend.

There are a couple of new area blogs: Homestead Buttery and Bakery and one from Prairie's Edge.

(I am amazed that I did as much posting this week as I did. At the start of the week I thought that this might be a very empty week.)

No comments: