Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Things you do not see in Rensselaer

I have been out of town for the past two weeks and got home late this afternoon. I like Rensselaer, but there are a great many things that you do not see in Rensselaer that you see in other places. For example, how often does your Rensselaer ferry boat come this close to a tug pushing barges?
And how often are our streets blocked off for the filming of movies?
We have some interesting grave markers in our cemeteries, bu I have never seen anything like this:
And even if Rensselaer had a recreation of an old river steamboat, the Iroquois would not big enough for it to go anywhere.
I have looked at a lot of trees in Rensselaer, but do not recall seeing anything like these.
I recall streetcars from a few visits to a large city when I was very young, but in at least one city those old electric streetcars that run on tracks are still operating.
If you want to see more of the first week of my trip away from Rensselaer, go here, here, and here.

So what has been happening in Rensselaer while I have been having lots of fun in other places?

No comments: