Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Adventures on the web

I am rather embarrassed that I did not know about this site until one of my sons told another of my sons about it, and the second son told me. It is google maps with a whole lot more information on it. The aerial photographs are a bit old. But if you want to know what the assessed value of any property is, or how much it pays in property taxes, this is the place to go.

Zillow now has limited coverage of Rensselaer. You can see some of the houses for sale, but you cannot get estimated values for houses that are not for sale (or at least I did not see how to do that.) Most of the houses for sale are priced higher than the zillow estimated price.  (One little patch in the middle of the Rensselaer area is for some reason given to Wheatfield. That is rather strange.)

(To see what other counties you can view, see http://www.wthgis.com/company/software/think-gis-web.html.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great find! Keep up the great work.