Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Friday, September 16, 2011

RCHS Homecoming parade 2011

Today is homecoming at RCHS. Last night the school had their homecoming parade--our second parade in less than a week! I got there a bit early so went over to see the line up. The football team and the cheerleaders had gotten into place on five firetrucks and the parade was ready to get started.

 There were no horses, but there were four tractors.
 I am not sure which class had the "Trash the Indians" float. The cross country team was on bikes behind this float. I tried to take pictures of the other class floats, but the light was fading and my pictures did not turn out.
Each of the Homecoming Queen candidates was in a convertible. I was busy watching the kids scramble for candy, so I did not see where the missing queen candidate was in this shot. For the kids parades are mostly about the candy. Forget the parade, find the candy.
I hope the kids enjoy the homecoming festivities. High school goes by very quickly.

(The state resurfaced the highway from Monnett school to the stoplight. I missed the activity on Monday, but the Rensselaer Republican got a good picture of it. It looks like the stretch of highway in the picture above will need some work in the not-so-distant future.)

No comments: