Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

City Auction

The city held an auction today, and unlike two years ago, I was able to attend. I noticed these electric motors and recognized them immediately. If you are a faithful reader of this blog, you should also recognize them.
They sold for $400 each. I wonder what they will be used for.

There are always many bicycles at the city auction. Most needed some repair work. They went from as low as $2.50 for a couple that were scrap-yard ready to $40 or $50 for the nicer ones.
One person bought all these huge lights for $10 each. I suppose that is a great deal, but how many people need lights like this?
There were a lot of odds and ends that seemed to have limited uses, but of course if you are one of the people who needs the item, it can be a great deal.

There were a lot of old computers for sale. I put in some low-ball bids because I wanted only the hard drive from one, but the lowest they sold for was $7.50. They had a Pentium 4 processor and were Windows XP ready.
The city auction does not seem to be an annual event. I do not remember one from last year, though maybe I missed it. There was one in 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had gone to look at the bikes. I think I might like to ride again, but I am not sure.

Anonymous said...

I too regret not going for the computer stuff, I probably would of bought them all. I wonder if they still have some of them that I might be able to purchase.