Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lights, windows, butterflies (updated)

I swung by the new elementary school today and noticed some changes.
If you noticed that there are now windows in the building and lights in the parking lot, you noticed the same thing I did.

Have you noticed an unusual number of butterflies that are black, orange, and white? They are (I think) Red Admiral Butterflies, and they are having a boom year in the Midwest.

Are you ready for a big weekend of yard sales and lots of other events?

Update: I got a picture of one today (Friday):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the school update. And yes, I have noticed the butterflies in my backyard. I have taken photos too, but yours are better. Is there a reason for more of them?