Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Friday, December 21, 2012

A white Christmas?

After a night of howling winds that sounded as if they wanted to rip the storm windows off the house, we woke up to a winter wonderland. The wind has died down a bit and we only got a little snow. I doubt it will last until Christmas, but it may.
There are slippery patches here and there, so if you walk, be careful.

Today is the solstice. Days will now start getting longer rather than shorter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo.

Gene said...

I am trying to identify which street is shown in the photo, but I have not been in Rensselaer since 1986. I hope someone will name the street, perhaps in a comment or via email to me gene@genechambers.com

Dessert Survivor said...

It is Milroy Street, looking east from near the west end.

phil said...

thanks for all the posts Bob, It keeps me up on things while I spend the winters in warmer climes...Happy New Year..