Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Arma virumque cano

Winter storm Virgil dumped about six inches of wet snow on us last night. It could have been a lot worse. The storm dumped a foot on some places in central Illinois.
 I was impressed with snow removal. The city streets were clear, and because it was so near freezing, they were wet with little snow or ice on them. The snow removers who clear the various parking lots had also finished their work early. One place where the snow was not cleared was the Talbert Bridge. I thought I would be the first one over, but as I got close, I noticed tracks. A cat had used the bridge earlier today.
The forecast is for a warm up this week--we will have a week of spring slush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to measure the snow depth too. Good work, Mr. Rensselaer Adventures.