Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Random pictures 03-08-2013

I saw deer in the fields west of Sparling this afternoon and wanted to see if I could get a better picture of them than I could get three years ago. There were not as many this year.
Something I will be looking for but am unlikely to photograph is Comet PanSRARRS. For the next couple of weeks it will be very low in the western sky shortly after sunset. With the very clear skies we had today, I though it might be worthwhile to look for it this evening, but then the western sky clouded up so I did not bother.

It will now take a very high clearance vehicle to cross the pedestrian bridge from downtown to Potawatomi Park. I am not sure why they worry about cars crossing--with the 7 I-beams that support the deck, it may the strongest bridge in Jasper County.
Another sign of spring--Busy Bee will open tomorrow despite all the snow.

No comments: