Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Stained Glass at Brushwood Methodist

The Lenten Luncheon last week was at the Brushwood United Methodist Church, and I noticed that they had stained glass windows in their sanctuary. It has been a while since I have had a chance to do a post on stained glass windows, so I jumped at the chance to take some pictures.
There were five windows with episodes from the life of Jesus. First, the nativity.
My guess is that this is the baptism in the Jordan.
Jesus as the Good Shepard.
There were two with a Holy Week theme. I think this is the Agony in the Garden, after the Last Supper.
And finally Jesus carrying the cross, a scene appropriate for a Good Friday post.

No comments: