Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Depot rising--updated

I was not planning to post anything today, but then I rode past the construction site of the new Amtrak depot. There is now structure above ground!
 Do you like the way the steel is shaped to look like the old wooden beams that were common on depots built a century ago? A lot more steel will be going into this building.

Speaking depots, the other day I saw two trains but only one usable track. What do you think happened?
A more puzzling question, is why do engines bearing the BNSF (Burlington Northern Santa Fe) occasionally pass through town? I saw one about fifteen minutes before I took the picture below. There are no BSNF tracks east of Chicago.

Update: On Thursday metal supports for the roof were being put into place.

Another view

No comments: