Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Finally spring

Last year at this time, baby birds were leaving the nest. I have not seen any baby birds yet this spring.

I did see a tractor plowing a field, so the farmers must be getting ready to plant. Lots of home gardens are already planted, and some people have put out tomatoes. We may have had the last frost but I will wait a while. Last year I lost the tomatoes I started indoors when a late frost got them.


I missed all the fun in town this past weekend because I was visiting sick relatives. I may have caught what they had (or I may have picked it up from someone in Rensselaer last week). I feel OK, but I have no energy. I am tired but not sleepy. So this may be a light week for blog posts.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

It was nice meeting you out at the community garden. Always nice putting a face to the words I've been reading.