Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Friday, June 7, 2013

The pool is open

The summer swim season is now underway at Brookside Park with the opening of the LaRue Pool a few minutes after noon. (I do not think the baby pool is open yet--it did not have any water this morning.) This year the pool has something new. I could not figure out what it was, so I had to ask. Without reading the answer below the picture, can you identify this new addition to the pool?
And the answer is that it is a chair that will allow a disabled person to be lowered into the pool. It is part of the city's conforming with ADA regulations.

Update: The water was warmer than I expected it to be. It helped that they filled the pool last week.

I am not sure what the status of Lake Banet Park will be this summer. The beach will not be staffed with lifeguards, though if you want to rent the facility, you can also rent guards. Employees have been told that they can swim at their own risk, but I doubt that the general public is welcome to do the same. 

No comments: