Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Leaves

So far the colors in the autumn leaves have been disappointing. As we end October, there is still more green in the trees than yellow or orange, and some trees are losing their leaves while they are still green. The most color I have seen is on the ground under the trees.
Also under trees are nuts. The walnuts seem to have produced a bumper crop.
(When I was teaching, I found that more than a few college students were unfamiliar with the term "bumper crop." I was surprised because I thought everyone knew what a bumper crop was. However, my surprise may simply reveal my small-town background and experience.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these photos. Keep up the super images.