Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Frosty the Iceman

It's cold. It's dark. It looks like winter. It feels like winter. All that is missing is snow.

The very cold nights (my computer said that it was 12 degrees on Sunday morning) have frozen water that had collected in some buckets (and which I had not gotten around to emptying). I was able to extract some of the ice without breaking it up, and I thought that since I could not make a snowman, I would make an iceman. So behold, Frosty the Iceman.
You can see a metal watering can behind Frosty's head. It also had water, and it froze solid. As it did, the freezing water stretched the metal and we could hear it popping every five or ten minutes on Saturday night. But it was too cold to go out and do anything about it.

No comments: