Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Saturday, April 8, 2017

The final performance of the final play

On Saturday the end came for the Columbian Players of Saint Joseph's College, a group that took its name from the Columbian Exposition of 1893. The play was the musical Guys and Dolls, a play has been performed in the past by the Fendig Children's Theater and I believe by both the Rensselaer high school and the Columbian Players. (I like the typography on the playbill of the Fendig production.)

When we got to the Theatre twenty minutes before the start of the play, the auditorium was already mostly full and there were no programs left. Attendance had been very good for both the Thursday and Friday performances. A number of alums who had performed in previous plays were there for the final performance of the final play.
My camera did not focus well. If you would like much better pictures, see here and click through the pictures.

Since I arrived at the College in 1974, I have attended almost all the plays that the College has put on. I will miss them a lot.

No comments: