Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Today, Nov 4th, is election day. I got up fairly early for my morning run, and stopped by my voting place, which is in the Presbyterian Hall, to cast my ballot.
You could spot the voting places by all the signs in front.

It would have been fun to take some pictures of the people inside, but I did not have the courage to ask them for permission. I did take a picture of my ballot with the red button ready to push. Once I pushed it, my voting for this year was completed.
I decided continue my run by finding some of the other polling stations. One was only a few blocks away, in the county court house. It also had the signs in front, with the Republicans on one side and the Democrats on the other.

There was a line waiting to vote. There had been a line at the Presbyterian hall as well, but it was inside.
I found one more polling site on my jog, in the Knights of Columbus Hall. There was not much to photograph, but I did think the parking sign was rather funny. Who else would be parking there?
When I got home, I checked the newspaper and learned that the other voting stations for Rensselaer were fire house and the National Guard armory. On my way to work I rode past the fire house to take a picture, but did not see anything worth photographing. There was still a line outside the court house. I think we are getting a really big turnout this year.

It is rather strange that three of the five Rensselaer voting loctions are within three blocks of each other. I wonder why.

No comments: