Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Omnivorous trees

I found a tree today that was eating a pipe. I suspect that that the pipe was once part of a fence, but I cannot be sure.

Here is a closer shot. This tree is along the highway south of SJC.
It reminded me of a couple other trees that were dining on strange things. Here is a tree that was busy (OK--trees are not really busy) engulfing some bricks. The old brick sidewalk in the picture has been replaced with a boring concrete walk since I took this picture a few years ago, but there are still a few bricks that could not be pried out of the tree's maw.
Here is another tree not too far from my house that is gorging itself with an iron fence.
I should close with some clever comment, but I do not have one today. Maybe you can provide one.

No comments: