Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Street decorations

The city of Rensselaer has installed the Christmas steet decorations. I noticed yesterday that many other little towns had done the same. The wreath with three candles seems to be the most popular decoration not just in Rensselaer, but throughout the area.
I only saw one of these garlands spanning the street. Maybe they have not finished yet.I have fond memories of the Christmas decorations when I was a small child living in Minnesota. The little town that I lived in had only a few hundred people, so it only put six or eight decorations. They were made of real spruce or pine bows and spanned the streets. It is much easier today with the artificial greenery.

Still, the economist side of me wonders, "Is it really worth the expense to put these things up?"

No comments: