Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Plaque or park?

In the Countryside Subdivision just east of Rensselaer there is a small pond with a bench that overlooks it. It looks a lot like a park. Maybe it is one.
Under the bench is a plaque, and since I have been collecting plaques, I thought I would include it. (There are also plaques by some of the small trees, but there at some point I have to draw the line what to include, and I decided that they are too small and obscure to include.
Because we live on such flat land, quite a few retention basins have been constructed in recent years. Some are fenced in, others not. But they do seem to be a new kind of wetland that is providing habitat for some kinds of plants and birds. A post on them would be interesting, but right now I do not know enought to write it.

No comments: