Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A crane visits the hospital

On Thursday I noticed a crane by the hospital, so I had to check it out.
It was lowering I-beams and a couple of workers were assembling them to form the steel framework for the new addition. It was pretty amazing to watch the two guys carefully position the beams so they could lock them in place.
There were some holes in the vertical beams, so I assume they were putting bolts in them.
On Friday they were working on the west end of the site and appeared to be almost done with the first horizontal layer of beams. The crane lifted two I-beams at a time, which probably saved some time. Next week we will see if they finish the iron work with a second layer at the top of the vertical beams.
Go here for the last report on hospital construction and a link to an earlier post.

No comments: