Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

They've been working on the railroad

There has been construction equipment parked by the Amtrak station for the past week, and this morning it was being used.
I asked what they were doing, and was told that a new platform was being constructed. There were two guys in the old Amshack who looked like they were dismantling it. The guy I talked to said they were moving it for now and that it might be replaced.
I will check back in a few days and see how this project is progressing.

Speaking of railroad improvements, the one that is most needed is a new crossing on McKinley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see they moved the tiny depot. The old one was so important. My daughter came in recently from Chicago to Rensselaer, and I was surprise that several people got off, and about eight folks got on and headed south. She said it was quite comfortable to ride.