Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Mac App Store is open

The Mac App Store is now open. You might wonder why that is something to report on Rensselaer Adventures. One of my adventures before Christmas was beta-testing an application that is one of the thousand applications available at the store's grand opening. Below is the trailer:



I am not a gamer and I needed some help to finish, but I am pretty good at finding bugs in programs. If you do finish Light Quest, you should see my name in the credits as a beta-tester.

To download Light Quest from the apps store, you need a Macintosh running the latest version of Snow Leopard (10.6.6), which I currently do not have. There is a Windows version of the game, but the distribution of that version and another Macintosh version are not yet in place. When they are, I will tell you about them.

(If you are wondering why I was a beta=tester, one of the programmers and also the graphic designer for the game are close relatives of mine who grew up in Rensselaer.)

More info and links here.

No comments: