Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Chistmas over?

Is Christmas over? Finished? Done for the year? The city says it is because they took down the street decorations today.
A few hours after I took the picture above, a truck came by and picked up all the wreaths.

There was also a truck by Milroy Park and I think it was taking the lights from the little redbud tree.
Walgreeens had 75% off their Christmas candy today. There was not much of a selection when I got there, and a bit less when I left. There were still plenty of candy canes, though.

I do not consider Christmas over until January 6, traditional epiphany. Why rush it? A longer Christmas season means less of the bleakness of January and February.

Tomorrow, by the way, is the latest sunrise. After tomorrow, the sun will begin to rise a bit earlier every day. The earliest sunset was December 9.

No comments: