Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A few changes

While I was out of town last week, a new shelter appeared in Bicentennial Park. The roof appears to be finished, and a worker was putting down crushed stone to get ready for a concrete pour.
In the background you can see the Talbert Bridge, which is still not finished.
Chistopher Louck has left the Clinic of Family Medicine and now is practicing from the offices formerly used by Dr. Nelson in the College Square Mall. He has been there several weeks. I have heard a rumor that the Clinic of Family Medicine may become affiliated with a Lafayette medical practice. All the original partners seem to have retired or died.
At SJC I found men at heights, fixing brickwork on the Science Building.
And in the Core Building, several classrooms are now carpeted, a project that no one seems to want to take credit for. One of my former colleagues told me that the carpet came from the Indianapolis Convention Center. I am sure that there is an interesting story here, but I probably will never hear it, or if I do, I probably will not be able to write about it.

No comments: