Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Miscellany 08-06-2012

There is a hole in front of the fire station.
 Today workers were finishing some forms for a concrete pour. I suspected it was for memorial using a bit of an I-beam from the World Trade Center, and the workers confirmed my suspicion.

In March I had a picture of a new factory going in at the back of the old Schumacher building. Until last week I had not gotten much additional information, but then I got the August newsletter from the Jasper County Economic Development Organization, which had this:
American Melt Blown & Filtration, a manufacturer of blow molded plastic filtration and related products for a variety of applications, is in the process of starting up production after nearly a year of planning and development. The locally owned company occupies 40,000 square feet of newly renovated and modernized space at 1080 Elm Street in the former Schumacher Electric Building in Rensselaer, Indiana.
The $2.5 million project is being financed by Alliance Bank in cooperation with the Small Business Administration’s 504 Program administered by the Regional Development Company.
The City of Rensselaer also provided significant support for the project with approval of a 5-year personal property tax abatement incentive and assistance with utility connections. Employment is projected to reach 15 in the near future and increase to 40 in the next 1-2 years as sales drives production demand.
(I do not know where to find the newsletter on the Internet so I can link to it.)

Finally, the scaffolding appears to be complete at the court house and every time I go by I am tempted to take a picture.
 Another view.

No comments: