Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Five pictures to start October

 The Scare Crow Trail is beginning to take shape in Milroy Park. The first entry is a crow, certainly appropriate for a scare crow trail, and it sets the bar incredibly high for other entries that want to be most admired.

I wonder if this could find a permanent home in Rensselaer. We need more public sculpture and this one looks like it would have some durability.

The south entrance to the trail is impressive. I suspect it was done by Chief Industries.
Yesterday I posted pictures taken on Tuesday of the culvert replacement on Vine Street. When I went back on Wednesday the street was open for traffic. It needs an asphalt patch, but the replacement of the culvert was done very quickly.

 Some of my blue asters are blooming. They are telling me summer is over.
Finally, I noticed a few days ago that YNG has signage on their new location in the College Mall.

2 comments:

Rabbitt said...

That crow is super cool! I also hope it will continue to be on display in town. It’s very fun and whimsical!!

Rabbitt said...

That crow is super cool! I also hope it continues to be on display in town. It is so fun and whimsical.