Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Amtrak sign update

A little more than a month ago I noticed a new Amtrak sign. It did not last long. I think the weather took it down--I hope the weather took it down and not vandals. Here is what it looked like this morning.

The building in the background houses the Rensselaer branch of the Morning Song bird food company, which is a division of the Scotts Miracle Grow company. I think it employs about a dozen people. The building itself was built, if my memory is correct, for a company that distributed beer, and again, if memory is correct, it folded when the Indiana regulations for beer distribution were changed. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me in the comments.

Update: On Feb 14 I noticed that the sign had been restored to its original splendor.

No comments: