Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Jasper County Fair has opened

The Jasper County Fair has opened its gates, and by 8:30, when I was there, the camp grounds were full. Actually, the fair activities began some days ago. The queen contest was a week or two ago, and most of the 4-H projects have been entered and judged.
There were a couple of trucks heralding the arrival of the midway, but it was still a grassy field this morning. The commercial exhibits were being set up in the commercial shelter.
Open class entries were pouring in. In the past I have entered in some of these catagories, including floral.
The animals were arriving. These two young goats were having a good time butting heads. They reminded me of some of my close relatives. They know who I am writing about.
Last year I wrote about the fair here and here. I will see if I can a better job this year.

No comments: