Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Filling the pond

I needed to talk to someone at SJC today and while I was there I swung by the chapel to see how work was going. The  tuck pointing of much of the front of the chapel appears to be mostly completed.
 The Jasper County Historical Society put some good pictures of the project along with information on its Facebook page here and here.

At the right angle, you can hardly see the tower for all the scaffolding.
 Work on the reflecting pond must be finished because it was being filled with water.
 I do not remember ever noticing before that some of the trees around the pond have memorial plaques. I remember several of the people who have plaques. There is a more impressive memorial to Diane elsewhere on campus.

No comments: