Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Friday, December 5, 2008

On the corner of Dawn and Sunset

Yesterday morning I stopped at the corner of Dawn and Sunset and took this picture. You may wonder where I was. Perhaps, you think, I had taken a trip to the Arctic Circle, where dawn, sunrise, sunset, and dusk all are pretty much one and the same thing right now.
But even though it was bitterly cold this morning, I was not in the Arctic. I was in Rensselaer, in the new Sunset Ridge Subdivision that is next to Sparling Avenue. A block to the west was the intersection of Dusk Drive and Sunset Drive, and nearby three men were framing a new house. My fingers hurt intensely from being exposed just two minutes to the cold, but they must have been dressed appropriately because the cold did not seem to be bothering them.

No comments: