Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Swallows

The barn swallows that nested in my garage are gone--the little ones flew away. I am making sure that they will not come back. A block of scrap wood left over from my son's deck project has found a use.
 Why not welcome wildlife? Barn swallows are messy birds. Below you can see what is on the garage floor under the nest. Some of what they dropped did not make it to the floor--it hit the car. I guess that is what we should expect from animals born in the barn.
Also, I will not miss the parents swooping at me whenever I went I went into the garage.

The heat wave is supposed to break tonight. Three days with temperatures over 100 degrees in the area is enough.

No comments: