Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hayride

On Sunday (Oct 11) someone in town was giving hayrides. They drove through Brookside Park and then through the new section of Weston Cemetery. They went so fast that I was not able to get a decent picture of them.
If you want a hayride for your kids or yourself on Halloween, head over to the Kankakee Sands property of the Nature Conservancy in Newton County. I got a brochure in my e-mail from them that reads:
Fall Festival at Kankakee Sands.
When: Oct 31, 3pm-6pm
Where: The Nature Conservancy Unit C on CR 600 N between Meridian and 200 W.
Hayrides through the prairie
Seed processing facility open for tours
Sunset hike along the Prairie Trail
Come with your kids in costume and treats to share with others
Cider and cookies.
RSVPs appreciated, but not necessary. anyberg at tnc.org or 219/866/1706
I doubt if I will make it. If you go and take some pictures, consider e-mailing them rensselaeradventures at yahoo.com. (If I write out the e-mail address, I will get spam--there are programs that comb websites for e-mail addresses.)

1 comment:

Jessica Nunemaker said...

That "someone" was the Fall Festival at the Trinity United Methodist Church!

-- I'm actually hidden in that shot with our 4 year old.

Funny -- I saw someone (you) taking the shot and said, "Only in Rensselaer!" I wondered what on Earth you must have been thinking!

Now that I know you are a local -- I'm pretty sure you took it all in stride. ;)