Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Harvest

On Sunday I saw a combine out in field harvesting corn. I do not get out in the country enough to be confident I be able to get better pictures of the harvest, so I stopped and took a picture. You can see the corn has almost filled the hopper.
After I took this picture above, the combine drove off to a truck waiting in the field and unloaded the corn.
By the time I caught up and go a clear view of the truck, it was finished and ready to go back to harvesting more corn.
The combine is a really impressive machine. It picks the corn, takes the kernels off the cob and keeps them, and spits out all the leaves, stalks, cobs, and husks.

No comments: