The most impressive windows in the church, however, are four large and identical rose windows, one on each of the four walls.
An explanatory text at the rear of the church explains the story of the windows. It quotes a story from the Rensselaer Republican of August 13, 2000.
First Presbyterian Church was built in 1896 with four huge rose windows of plain amber glass which as temporary and to be replaced with ornate glass. It took 104 years until somebody replaced the temporary glass.... Bill [Woodworth] worked more than 1000 hours over 4 1/2 months to complete the first rose window despite back and eyesight problems. The rose window contained more than 1,800 differently shaped pieces.... The first rose stained glass (on the south side) was dedicated 6-25-2000.The second window was installed in June, 2001. The third was not completed and installed until January 2005. The final window, on the north side, ws dedicated on September 18, 2005.