Rensselaer Adventures

This blog reports events and interesting tidbits from Rensselaer, Indiana and the surrounding area.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Strack and Van Til grand opening

I was lucky today--I stumbled on the grand opening of Strack and Van Til. I did not know that this was the big day, and I arrived after the official ribbon cutting, but in plenty of time for cake and other goodies. Since Strack and Van Til bought the old Country Market last fall, this blog has had a number of posts about the extensive remodeling that they have been doing. Maybe it is now over?
In the past seven days, I have been to three parties, and for two of them I found the party by accident. What a great week. The food sure looks good, doesn't it?
The whole store looks very good, and that opinion is shared by several people I know who are vastly more informed about grocery shopping than I am. Below is there deli counter.
They have put in new freezer displays in several aisles.
As part of the grand opening, Strack and Van Til donated $1000 to the Rensselaer Adult Learning Center.
There was another dedication today, over in Newton County. North Newton High School dedicated a new all-weather track. Until this year they did not have a facility that was good enough to allow them to host track meets. I was rather surprised to learn about the dedication from the Rensselaer Republican and not one of the Newton County Facebook pages I follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion I like that they changed over... I quit buying meat at county market because most of the time the ground beef in the middle was brown/sometimes smelled funny, the deli meat was sometimes bad after only a day or two... since they changed over it seems to have made them a lot better

Josh said...

I live in Kentland but always stop at Strack's when I'm in Rensselaer. The deli staff are friendly and well-trained, and the seafood selection is far superior to what one usually finds in a small town. I'm glad I don't have to drive to West Lafayette or Schererville to find a good selection. Renssy's got Watseka beat, even though they're about the same size town, because you've got Strack and Van Til.